I charge an hourly rate, however, many services have a flat rate
- Travel to/from court or meetings (i.e. mediation) is charged at 50% of my hourly rate (N/A in Kentwood)
- My hourly rate does NOT include court costs and fees
Retainers: Retainers are required for all Criminal representations.
- I take criminal defense cases for adjudication throughout Western Michigan
- A retainer is a deposit that the client makes prior to the start of the lawyer representing the client
- The amount is based on the expected difficulty or length of representation
- When the lawyer bills for his services, he will deduct that amount from the retainer
- If the cost of the representation exceeds the retainer, a new retainer may be required, if the costs are less, the
remainder of the retainer is returned to the client.
- Unlike most other attorneys, I charge two distinct "segments" for criminal defense cases. A flat fee that does NOT
include any trial preparation and a distinct flat fee that covers trial preparation and trial itself. By charging
these separately, and because 98% of criminal cases don't go to trial, it is much more cost effective for you!
Flat Fees: Most representations can be accomplished on a flat fee schedule
- As with the hourly rate, court costs/fees & recording fees are not included in the flat fee, if applicable
- Estate Planning Services, flat fees:
-- Will-based estate plan includes a Will, a Power of Attorney (Financial), Medical Power of Attorney, HIPAA
--- $595 for single person, $695 for a couple
-- Living Revocable Trust package include a trust, certificate, and the will-based documents outlined above.
Cost depends on complexity of your trust ($1500 - $3000)
- Document Review (contracts, leases, power of attorney): $295 Consultation charge (up to 25 pages)
Email me or call me for more information.